1535 S. Mebane St.
The John Robert Kernodle Senior Center offers an array of activity for all senior adults age 55 and over. From dinner and lunch socials to athletic events and trips. The Center includes an extensive exercise facility and first class meeting rooms. It is within walking distance to City Park, the Splash Park, Aquatics Center and Burlington Tennis Center.
View the newsletter and calendar:
2018 Alamance/Burlington Senior Games
Covered Dish Birthday Bingo
1st Wednesday of each month
1pm for covered dish & 2pm for Bingo
Ages: 55 and over | Cost: Free
Bring a covered dish for lunch and enjoy bingo after.
- Ensure that the well-being of our aging population is addressed by each department in our city government.
- Make our city safe, affordable and comfortable for our older residents
- Support employment, entrepreneurship, education and other services to make our older residents more financially secure.
- Offer housing options that suit the varied needs or our older population.
- Improve access to transportation and mobility options for our older adults
- Promote the engagement of older residents in volunteer and paid roles that serve the needs of our city and its residents.
- Call upon higher education and workforce development programs to help older adults refresh their skills, train, and transition to a new stage of work focused on strengthening out city.
- Recognizing older residents as an asset for out city and celebrate their contributions to improving lives for all generations.