Phone Numbers Crimestoppers: (336) 229-7100
Burlington Police Department: (336) 229-3500
|Crimestoppers is a program that involves the public, the media and the police in the fight against crime. It offers anonymity and cash rewards to persons who furnish information leading the arrest of suspects. Each week, facts about unsolved felony crimes are aired on radio, television and cablevision, printed in various newspapers and circulated to|
The Burlington Police Department also has a Campus Crimestoppers Program designed to enable students a way to report crimes and remain anonymous.
The Burlington Police Department is seeking information on various crimes that have occurred in the City of Burlington. If anyone with information on any of the crimes listed has information that may assist with the investigation, they are asked to contact Crimestoppers or the Burlington Police Department. Persons with information may remain anonymous and all information is confidential. Crimestoppers may pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest of person(s) involved. Since it’s beginning, the Alamance County-Wide CRIME STOPPERS Program has paid in excess of $70,000.00 for information.
YOU NEED NOT REVEAL YOUR IDENTITY!
*Additional funds may be available, provided by individuals not associated with Crimestoppers of Alamance County
CRIMESTOPPERS will pay cash rewards for information leading to the clearance of the cases listed below. CRIME STOPPERS will ensure confidentiality of information leading to the clearance of other unsolved crimes or apprehension of other fugitives. If you have any information about the crimes listed below or any other crimes, call CRIME STOPPERS Program at 336-229-7100.
Listed below are some of the crimes for which Crimestoppers is seeking information:
- Detectives with the Haw River Police Department are seeking information on a Shooting into an Occupied Vehicle. The incident occurred on June 8th 2016 at 2:37am on 1000blk of West Main St. near the intersection of Stone Quarry Rd. The vehicle containing the victims was traveling westbound when the shots were fired into the vehicle. One passenger in the backseat received non-life threatening injuries from the gun shots. Victim was transported to UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill. It is not believed that the shooting is a random act of violence.
- Detectives with the Haw River Police Department are seeking information on a Breaking and Entering that occurred in the 2000 Block of Haw River Hopedale Rd on May 5th,2016 between 7am and 4:30 pm. Victim stated unknown person(s) entered his residence and stole several hi-powered style long guns, one 38 caliber handgun, and one 12ga shotgun. Suspects also removed a small 16X16 house safe.
- Detectives with the Alamance County Sheriff Department are seeking information on a B&E and Larceny that occurred at 2814 Lowe Rd, Elon on April 18th, 2016 at 1:00pm. Victim stated that an unknown person(s) broke into a detached storage building at his residence. Several items were moved but the only item taken was a Stihl curved shaft commercial weed trimmer valued at $400.00. There is no known information about the suspect or his mode of travel.
- Detectives with the Haw River Police Department are seeking information about a Breaking and Entering and Larceny from Quick Check located at 2655 N. Church St. Haw River that occurred on May 9th, 2016 at 4:10am. Officers responded to an alarm call and on arrival located a front window broken out. After reviewing the video surveillance footage the officer was able to see a Hispanic male, age 16-20, wearing a red jacket with a hood on it. Items stolen includes change, cigarettes, and beer.
- Detectives with the Burlington Police Department are seeking information on a Robbery with a Deadly Weapon that occurred on May 5th 2016 on the 1500 block of S Mebane St at 11:00pm. Victim is a pizza driver who stated he was walking back to his vehicle in the 1500 block of South Mebane St. when a B/M dressed in dark clothing, wearing a Halloween mask produced a handgun and demanded money. The victim complied and the robber fled on foot in an unknown direction. The robber is as a black male, 5’9” tall, thin build, wearing dark clothing, and a Halloween mask.
- Detectives with the Burlington Police Department are seeking information on an Armed Robbery that occurred at Subway located at 3171 Garden Rd at 9:30PM on March 17th . Victim stated that a W/M entered the business with a handgun. The suspect described as being between 6” and 6’2” wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans, with a black ski mask partially covering his face. After the suspect received the cash he was last seen as he left the building running in an unknown direction of travel.
- Detectives with the Alamance County Sheriff Department are seeking information on a B&E and Larceny that occurred at 2330 Faucette Ln. on March 17th 2016. Unknown suspect broke into the victim’s detached storage building and stole a Stihl Trimmer, a Dewalt Radio, Murray 20” push mower, Commercial spotlight and a 30,000 BTU heater with a tank attached.
- Detectives with the Graham Police Department are seeking information on a shooting that occurred in the 600block of Providence Rd in Graham at 2:02am on April 3rd 2016. The victim was driving a 2016 Chrysler 300 and was being chased by a Honda Accord and that there were shots being fired into the Chrysler. At 2:05am Burlington officers from a gray Chrysler 300 at Chapel Hill Rd and Mebane St. They conducted a traffic stop and found the victim inside the vehicle with a gunshot wound to the left chest. Victim was transported to ARMC and then transferred by Life Flight to UNC hospital.
- On 03/28/2016, at approx 0700hrs I was assigned a Hit and run involving a Pedestrian. On the 26th of March 2016 at approx 2104hrs Mr. Charles Dennis Kinsey, BM 66, of 1135 Sharpe Rd, Burlington, NC 27217 was hit by an unknown vehicle and left on the side of the Rd. Mr. Kinsey was pronounced dead on the scene. I sent a Fatal Notification Form to DMV on the27th of March 2012 at approx 2200hrs, the form was received. Looking for a 1995-2005 Ford Taurus 4 dr Sedan, Tan or creme colored, front end damage with radiator / coolant damage leaking heavily
- Detectives with the Burlington Police Department are seeking information on a Breaking and Entering at Boost Mobil on N Church St and an Attempted Breaking and Entering at Boost Mobil on S Church St. on March 11th,2016 at 4:01am Police responded to an alarm at the Boost Mobil located on N Church and found the front door broken out with a large rock. At 4:36am someone attempted to break the front glass out of Boost Mobil on S Church St. with a rock. Officers in the area observed a black male leave on foot behind the business wearing a black hoodie. A canine track was attempted with negative results.
- DETECTIVES WITH THE ALAMANCE COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT ARE SEEKING INFORMATION ON A B&E AND LARCENY THAT OCCURRED AT 1114 KINNAN DR., BURLINGTON ON JANUARY 28TH 2016 AT 1:00PM. UNKNOWN SUSPECTS BROKE INTO THE VICTIMS’S RESIDENCE AND STOLE CASH, 10 FIREARMS, AND FOUR MEN’S WATCHES. THE SUSPECTS GAINED ENTRY TO THE RESIDENCE BY BREAKING THE GLASS ON THE REA DOOR OF THE RESIDENCE.
- DETECTIVES WITH THE ALAMANCE COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT ARE SEEKING INFORMATION ON A BREAKING ENTERING AND LARCENY AT EDWARDS WOOD PRODUCTS LOCATED AT 3231 STALEY STORE RD., LIBERTY. UNKNOWN SUBJECTS DISABLED THE SECURITY CAMERAS SOMETIME BETWEEN FEBRUARY 27TH AT 8:00AM AND FEBRUARY 29TH AT 8:30AM. ONCE INSIDE, TWO HUSQUVARNA CHAINSAWS WERE STOLEN.
- Detectives with the Alamance County Sheriff Department are seeking information on a B&E and Larceny that occurred at 1807 Prince Edwards Dr Elon at 5:00pm on January 16th, 2016. A neighbor witnessed a small black car pull into the victim’s driveway and two young unknown black males exited the vehicle and knocked on the front door. The neighbor looked back a few minutes later and noticed the two black males running from the back of the victim’s residence and got back in the vehicle, one of the black males was carrying a white bag. Victim was missing several pieces of jewelry, including 2 gold wedding banks a 3 drawer jeweler box a 1945 Weaverville H.S. class ring.
- Detectives with the Burlington Police Department are seeing information on a Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon that occurred at 411 Harden St. at 10:02 pm on January 19th,2016. Victim had a food truck operating in the parking lot at 411 Harden Street. Victim stated that a W/M approximately 30-40 years of age 6´tall, slender, possibly short cut hair, wearing all black and a ski mask approached the truck, displayed a firearm and demanded money. Suspect fled on foot toward Maple Ave.
- Detectives with the Burlington Police Department are seeking the where about of Barry Lynn Williams, b/m, age 47, of Burlington. Warrants have been obtained on Mr. Williams for Second Degree Murder and Possession of a Firearm by a Felon. Mr Williams was in an altercation with the victim in the 100 block of Border St. at 2:25am on February 16, 2016
- Detectives with the Burlington Police Department are seeking information on a B&E and larceny that occurred at Quality Equipment located at 1889 Whites Kennel Rd on January 10th 2016 at 3:30 am. A black male suspect was seen on video stealing a Z-track/zero turn mower. Suspect cut the fence, stole the mower and drove it out the back of the business toward the PVA at 1626 Anthony Rd.
- Detectives with the Alamance County Sheriff Department are seeking information on the Larceny of a ATV that occurred on July 4th,2015 from 2410 Swepsonville Rd, Graham. Victim reported a 2009 Honda ATV, green in color, being stolen. A canvass of the neighborhood produce a possible suspect vehicle. Vehicle is described as an older Chevrolet truck with loud mufflers and sitting low.
- Detectives with the Alamance County Sheriff Department are seeking information on a B&E that occurred at 400 Rosemont St in Gibsonville on November 18th,2015. Victim stated that 2 female house keepers were in the residence when the heard a knock on the front door. The house keeps saw 2 black males, both with dredlock-style hair at the door. They did not respond or open the door. Shortly thereafter, the rear door was forcibly opened. Upon seeing the residence was occupied, the suspects fled on foot toward Manning Ave.
- Detectives with the Graham Police Department are seeking information on a Bank Robbery that occurred on January 5th, 2016 at 3:30pm at American National Bank and Trust located at 842 S Main Street in Graham. Victim stated than an unknown black male handed the teller a note demanding money. Threats of physical harm were made by the suspect. Suspect exited the bank with an undetermined amount of money and got into the passenger side of a small silver or gray SUV. Last seen on S Main St. Suspect is a B/M 5’6’ to 5’8”approximately 200lbs, wearing a light blue and white striped hoodie, dark pants and black sneakers. Suspect had what appeared to be a surgical mask on his face.
- Between November 24th and December 2"d 2015, a break in occurred at AO elementary school. An equipment building, located at the baseball fields was broken into. Property taken from the break in was a Peavey Amp and two Peavey microphones; a John Deere Gator, Green in color, with a broken right front fender, the reporting party was unaware of the year model and VIN at this time. On November 18, 2015 at 2006 hours Burlington Police responded to La Bodega located at 501 Trollinger Street in Burlington in reference to a reported robbery. Upon arrival officers discovered one suspect entered the business armed with a handgun and demanded money. The suspect fled the business on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash. There were no injuries reported as a result of the incident.The suspect is described as a white male, 35 to 40 years of age, six feet to six feet six inches tall, last seen wearing a blue plaid jacket pulled over his face, and wearing a blue ball cap. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information related to this investigation is asked to contact the Burlington Police Department at (336) 229-3500 or Burlington I Alamance Crimestoppers at (336) 229-7100.
- On 11/17/2015 at 0515 hours, Officers responded to an armed robbery at 1940 Martin St. The victim stated he had parked his car at this address and got out to go to work when he was approached by a black male suspect. The victim stated the suspect brandished a handgun and demanded his money. After giving the suspect his money, the suspect got into the passenger side of an unknown make or model vehicle that appeared to be burgundy in color and fled the area. The suspect is described as approximately 6ft tall, in his 20's with a thick mustache and wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt. No further information could be provided on the suspect vehicle. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information related to this investigation is asked to contact the Burlington Police Department at (336) 229-3500 or Burlington I Alamance Crimestoppers at (336) 229-7100.
- On 11/09/15 at 0431 hours, the Burlington Police Department responded to Cruizers, located at 728 N Church Street, Burlington, NC in reference to a common law robbery. Upon arrival, the victim reported that he was lured out of the business by the suspect advising him his car had been damaged. Once outside the suspect took the victim's wallet and fled on foot. The suspect was running last seen running up N Church Street toward Friendly Rd. The victim was not injured during the incident. The suspect was described as, a dark skin black male, approximately 5'9-5'10 in height, wearing a black jacket with gray hoodie, blue jeans, and white-in-color shoes. Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to call Crimestoppers, at 229-7100 or Burlington Police at 229-3500.
- Detectives with the Graham Police Department are seeking information on an Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Breaking and Entering, and Larceny that occurred at 615 Ralph Graham Drive at 8:15 pm. Victim stated he was walking his dog when he noticed three male subjects watching him. The three subjects chased the victim into his residence and into his bedroom where they took the knife the victim had produced. The victim’s arm was cut during the confrontation. The suspects took the victim’s wallet containing $400.00 in cash.
- Detectives with the Alamance County Sheriff Department are seeking information on a B&E and Larceny that occurred on September 2nd,2015 at 11:57am at 2462 Stone Street Ext. Mebane. Victim stated after being away from his residence less than three hours he returned and found the back patio door kicked in. Victim found that someone had taken a 60” Sharp LED TV, a 52” Samsung LED TV, a jewelry box 30” tall, a Mac Book Pro laptop, a Apple Ipad $1000.00 in cash and a Ruger P85 9mm handgun from the residence. No suspect information.
- Detectives with the Burlington Police Department are seeking information on an Assault with a Deadly Weapon Inflicting Serious Injury that occurred on October 21th in the 400 block of Quintas Ave at 12:27 pm. Victim stated he was sitting in his vehicle in the parking lot when three black Males approached him and started an argument. During the argument two of the suspects displayed handguns and shot the victim in his leg. The suspects were last seen fleeting in a dark colored Nissan Altima toward Belmon St. Suspect #1 is described as a B/M in his late teens or early twenties, medium complexion, wearing a Carolina Blue sweatshirt. Suspect# 2 is described as a B/M in his late teens or early twenties, approximately 6’2” and having a light complexion.
- Detectives with the Alamance County Sheriff Department are seeking information on a Breaking Entering and Larceny that occurred on October 13th at 7:55am at Cedar Rock Park. Victim stated that an unknown person broke into the maintenance building and stole numerous tools valued at approximately $8500.00